Wednesday, June 20, 2007

By the Sea



Anyone out there checking in? I would love to hear from you, really I would.

It took me a whole day to make it to the Cinque Terre, on the Liguria coast side of Italy...other side of the top of the boot from Venice....left side. Several train stops and I arrived at one of the 5 towns, Vernazza, around 6pm. I found a place to stay in grandma and grandpa's house, but only stayed one night, as it resembled a either a cave with no window or a tiny jail cell....needless to say, I found a new place to stay tonight and for the next two nights. As I was walking around the town, Sergio asked me if I needed a place to stay. Sergio is no spring chicken, but at least he can climb the steps without appearing to have a heart attack at any moment. I looked at the room, with windows that open onto another part of the same building, but the room was spacious and I felt my spirits lift, especially when he accepted my offer of 55 euro a night.

Took a swim in the Mediterranean today, jumping into the blue water from a rock above. Now I'm in an oh so cool local bar, using their internet system. guess what the Italian boys are rocking out to?? the Beatles! I think it's funny.

Oh, by the way, for all you English people out there....if I spell something incorrectly, I beg you a thousands pardons....as I am usually in a rush and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Ciao to all my blog readers!

1 comment:

george said...

Hello grrlfriend, I want ask how you're doing cuz I read your blog. Exciting. Love the postcards! keep em coming. How's the beer? have a few for/on me.

I put the image of you all gusseyed-up attending the concert/opera. Hot.

Love, george