Friday, May 11, 2007

First Time for Everything


This is it! My First Big European Adventure begins in just a couple of days. I'm starting in Belgium for a couple of days with my daughter and her family. Then off to France, Spain, Italy and Austria. I've planned and schemed. I've struggled with balancing my Grad school responsibilities with my out of control anticipation. I've probably spent at least a hundred hours on the Internet, chasing the right hotel in the right location, searching air and land travel schedules. I've poured over stacks of travel books, DVDs and watched Rick Steves and Rudy Maxa on the travel channel more times than I'd like to admit.

So, stay tuned. If you want to see where I've been, then log onto this blog. I'm about to explore all the places I've only dreamed about until now.
Hang on to your hats, because it's gonna blow your mind! Anyone with travel tips, must-see places, or anything of interest, please feel free to add a comment. I will be posting and checking in whenever I have a chance to visit an Internet Cafe.

3 comments:

Kate Evans said...

You GO girl!

I'll be living vicariously through you as I read this blog.

Anonymous said...

Bye Candice! Have fun and see the world for all of us stuck at home! ;-)

Unknown said...

How WONDERFUL to have this opportunity! Thank-you for sharing Candice, I live vicariously through your writing.

Upon your return home, you have a standing invitation to a wonderful welcome home dinner with me and my household.

Ciao!
your neighbor, Bridget