Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Ahhh, Paris!



Bonjour...
Seems like only a day or so since I last posted, yet since I've left Belgium and spent a few days in Paris it feels a bit longer. Maybe it's because I've seen so very much; the wonder-filled art museum's of the Louvre and the Orsay (pre-Impressionists to post Impressionists). I've seen the beauty of Notre Dame Cathedral and St.Michele. I have watched boats going along the Seine and walked over the many Ponts (bridges)...so romantic. I have taken the elevator up to the top of the Eiffel Tower and the view was positively...lofty. I have walked and walked and WALKED the streets of Paris, watching the people, eating the bread and drinking a bit of wine. Personally, California wines are better, but what do I know...I favor my home state.

I think the Parisians are nicer than they are made out to be. The men are dressed to perfection, no beards, black suits and shoes. The women wear dresses, scarves and heels...no fatties here. The cars are all small and I have found that we don't really appreciate the bumper the way the French do. I've seen more bumps on bumpers than anywhere else...but no bumper stickers...how gauche!

There are fountains and statues and gardens everywhere....a historical paradise. I hope to find a way to download photos to share soon. Hang in there till I figure a way. I must leave Paris tomorrow...boo, hoo. But, the Loire Valley calls me...all those opulent Chateaux and the Chartes Cathedral to explore. A tough job, I know.

Stay tunes for the rest of the adventure...hopefully, I will be able to find Internet places along the way. Au revoir!

1 comment:

Marty said...

Hey CanD Gurl!!!!

Love your pictures and written desciptions. Time is going to fly so absorb every moment in the present time.

Remember...we are doing Half Dome when you get back...so walk, walk, walk!

Miss Ya! MarT